Make a Heart-Health Plan with Your Doctor
Want to take steps to protect your heart but not sure where to start? You can work with your doctor to make a plan.
Your doctor can help by:
- Checking your blood pressure and cholesterol numbers — and teaching you how to check your numbers at home
- Sharing advice for healthy eating and physical activity
- Supporting you in other heart-healthy changes, like quitting smoking
- Connecting you with specialists to treat heart problems and other conditions
- Prescribing medicines if you need them
If you haven’t been keeping up with regular doctor visits, you’re not alone. Many people have postponed doctor visits during the COVID-19 pandemic. But now’s the time to get back on track! Don’t wait — schedule an appointment today.
CDC also recommends full vaccination against COVID-19. COVID-19 vaccines are safe, effective, and free. After you’ve been fully vaccinated, you can participate in many of the activities that you did prior to the pandemic.
Learn more about taking control of your health care:
- Find tips to play an active role in your care
- If you don’t have a regular doctor, use these tips to choose a doctor
- Get help managing your medicines [PDF – 271 KB]
If you don’t have health insurance: